Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Start running but stop after 30 sec, Yes, 2000 Toyota Echo

Customer Question

Start running but stop after 30 sec
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2000 Toyota Echo MT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I got P1315 igniter circuit malfunction on the scan
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 11 months ago.

if you clear this P1315 igniter code does the code come right back? And the process keeps repeating?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Whenever you get this P1315 igniter code 90% of the times it means the igniter which is built into the ignition coil has failed. This particular code number indicates cylinder number four which is the cylinder closest to the driver side they are listed one through four starting on the passenger side. As a test remove the ignition coil from cylinder number four and swap it with cylinder number three if the cylinder three then sets an igniter code P1310 then you know for sure that it is an ignition coil pack that is failed. The reason why the engine starts and shuts off is because the feedback or confirmation signal takes a few seconds for the engine to realize that it did not receive that. Once that happens the computer automatically shuts the system down. I usually only recommend Toyota ignition coils or if you go to rock auto.com they sell DENSO brand ignition coils that is a good brand and is the same as what is used from the factory. If you need any other input feel free to reply I will get back to you please do not forget to rate the information I provided to you at three or higher.