Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

On my 2002 toyota solara the battery drains overnight. i

Customer Question

on my 2002 toyota solara the battery drains overnight. i have replaced the alternator and it is charging. i replaced the battery but have not checked the new battery to see if it is bad. any other suggestions?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 10 months ago.

Have you checked for a parasitic draw or do you know how to do that? Are you 100% certain that the battery is good? Have you had the battery tested?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have been metering my battery for the last 2 hours.It is out of the car. in 2 hours it has dropped from 12.4v to 11.7v. I think my battery is a dud.

That is correct the battery should not drop at all. Maybe .05 out of the car in a day or 2 Get a new battery and let me know how it goes. The car should draw no more then 50 ma and usually is about 25 ma (milli amps).

You requested a phone call but it failed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I can not call until the payment and phone offer is accepted Check with the moderator as to why it will not go through

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i agreed to pay $28.00. you guys billed me $5.00 then $23.00. Then tried to bill me $26.00 more. I feel i am getting ripped off.
The answer you gave me I already knew. I will pay the $28.00 as agreed. But you all did not help me at all. WILL NEVER USE YOU ALL AGAIN! FELL LIKE I WAS SCAMMED!!!!
You have only made a deposit to your account that was the $5 than the $23 that is not even been paid it will not be paid until you click on the rating of 3 or higher. If you want a phone consultation that is the additional charge that you sent the reply through for phone consultations are extra charges. I would be willing to call the number that you listed as long as you are willing to provide at least a 3 or higher rating. Too many times I respond to people when they list their number and they never even accept the information I usually give them let alone the phone consultation what should be an additional charge. Does that clarify things? How would you like to proceed?

As a sign of good faith I called the number that you listed and the phone just rang and rang. Rest assured this is not a scam but you need to understand how the system works in order for this to continue.

We can continue with back and forth question and answers if you have additional information that you need regarding this battery problem. It's not necessary to do a phone consultation unless you think it's more involved than you want to type back and forth.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
LIKE I STATED BEFORE I AM DONE. YOU ALL DID NOT TELL ME ANYTHING I DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW!