Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Oh surprise, 99 toy rav4, audio cassette deck player, 99,

Customer Question

oh surprise
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 99 toy rav4, audio cassette deck player
JA: What year is your RAV4?
Customer: 99
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tape goes in . it's the adapter to play iPhone tunes , I phone called once for 90 seconds and now it ejects the adapter
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: and I tried all the fix-its for taking out combinations of gears wheels inside the adapter , player still ejects the tape ...
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: just bought it, 118k mi , good shape
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Radio Shack had the gizmo that works. Cheap Chinese doesn't work;

So your all good?

Since you have already paid to get this question answered, do you have another question?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is there a wheel/tire combo for this vehicle to achieve better fuel efficiency ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that is, 18" wheels compatible ?

Tires as long as they are inflated correct and are not aggressive tread, they will not have much if any effect on fuel mileage. Now a tire with more circumference than what you had prior will make your gear ratio lower. So lets say your doing 60 mph and running 2000 rpms. A tire that is larger will make the vehicle do 65 mph at 2000 rpms for example. So this will result in the engine running less rpms which is better fuel mileage but that also results in the engine having to work harder to get up to speed. So a small change will help but a large change will hurt. There are thousands of wheel options which there is no way I can pick for you not knowing the offset, and design and width you want and the tire size on a 18 inch rim will depend on the rim width you choose.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris