Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

05 prius collected a code of C1300. ECU skid control. Fuel

Customer Question

05 prius collected a code of C1300. ECU skid control. Fuel mileage is down to 35 mpg. Cleared code, was reading about replacing the ECU and performing a Linear Solenoid calibration. How is that done?
JA: When did you last clean or replace your air filter? And are the oxygen sensors in good working order?
Customer: Just checked the filter yesterday, It's a K&N Don't know if the sensors are good, but no code for that
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 05 Prius
JA: What year is your Toyota?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes myself. Nothing just gathering info. Cycled hybrid battery power off, and read the codes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: lower gas mileage, about every 4th trip, it struggles for power from a stop
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. I have enclosed the steps in the link below for doing the linear solenoid initialization. Have a look and see if this is what your needing.