Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a Toyota Camry 2008. The AC starting blowing hot; I

Customer Question

I have a Toyota Camry 2008. The AC starting blowing hot; I took it to my Mechanic, he
filled the system and replace the sensor. Last week it started blowing hot on the drivers side and cold on the passanger side. What's Up With That---Does it have two fan systems?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If it blew cold on both sides after it was refilled but then started to blow warm on the drivers side this indicates either the freon has a leak still and the leak needs repaired and freon refilled as the freon starts to become low it will cause warm air on the drivers side at first.If this is checked and found to be o.k. then the issue is a temp actuator.Your model most likely has two temp actuators one for the passenger side and one for the drivers side and the drivers side actuator most likely needs replaced.

These need checked into to verify this but this is usually the cause for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete