Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

The recirculation air button seems to be not working in my

Customer Question

hi, the recirculation air button seems to be not working in my vxr 2010 land cruiser, it is always switched to outside air mode.
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 80 000 miles, the issue was there since I bought the car 8 months back
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I prefer to fix it myself if u can guide me with the location of the servo or if there is a fuse dedicated for it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The recirculate door servo motor is located behind the glove compartment. There is no separate fuse for the recirculate function; if the heater and AC work properly, the fuses are good. Note that the recirculate mode is always set to outside air with the defrost on. You cannot obtain recirculate when defrost is selected. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Thanks