Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

The Cruise control is not working and I am just looking fuse

Customer Question

The Cruise control is not working and I am just looking for the fuse that is associated with cruise control
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: 5.7 and no I have not checked fuse because I do not know where it is located
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Tundra 2014
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and looked in fuse box in engine bay
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. On the 2014 Tundra product, there is no single fuse that is for the cruise control circuit. The Vehicle's main computer is responsible for controlling the cruise. There are 10 different fuses for the various circuits that are for the computer unit. It is very common for the cruise control to be inoperative if the Brake Lights are not lighting up when you depress the brake pedal. If the brake lights come on, you may have another circuit or sensor that is not operating. THis is a rather sophisticated system; it also has the ability to have diagnostic trouble codes scanned are read. The recommendation I have for you here would be to look at the brake lights illuminating when the pedal is depressed. If not, replace the STOP fuse. If still inoperative, have the vehicle scanned at your local Toyota dealer. Most 'generic' scan tools will not read Cruise Control codes. You will need the dealer for this unless you can find someone with the Toyota software in their scan tool.