Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2002 Camry v6 has been overheating during ghway mountain

Customer Question

2002 Camry v6 has been overheating during highway mountain driving. Had pressure test done. Checked out ok. Replaced thermostat & had cooling system flushed. Radiator fan seems to be working ok. Coolant boils and spills over top of overflow reservoir. I'm thinking radiator needs to be checked next?
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Does not appear to be a leak
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My son is the one having problems as he is driving from Lincoln Ne to Seattle
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I've told my son to have the radiator checked next.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** agree the radiator probably needs to be replaced, other things such as water pump or head gasket would cause different symptoms. With a heat gun you can check radiator for hot/cold spots if it has uneven temp you know part of it is clogged up and needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.