Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2014 Toyota Sienna Fwd, no, p2714 pressure control solenoid

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: 2014 Toyota Sienna Fwd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: p2714 pressure control solenoid "D"
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: Good
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The P2714 code is this: "The Transmission Control Module detects a malfunction in the shift solenoid valve "SLT" (ON side) according to the difference in the speed between the turbine and the output shaft, and also by the transmission fluid pressure. The technical language means that the the Linear Solenoid Valve is not operating properly, and, if this code is valid, you should be having harsh shifting issues. The solenoid could be blocked, sticking or faulty. This solenoid is located on the valve body in the transmission. The fluid will need ot be drained out and the trans oil pan removed to access the valve body, which needs to be removed in order to facilitate the repair. If the vehicle is under 60,000 miles, this repair should be covered by the Toyota factory powertrain warranty. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Please conform my input has been received; thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This can be fixed ?

Certainly.

If the vehicle has a lot of miles on it (like 100,000), and is out of the factory warranty, I would recommend a complete transmission flush. This usually removes the cause of sticking solenoid valves. It may be necessary to replace the solenoid valve. I would recommend to the trans flush forst (not a drain and fill, a complete flush with a machine designed for this).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Should I go to dealer or transmission repair shop l change oil every 30000 miles still run like new it has 184000miles
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Only check engine & track off signs on no issue

The solenoid is checked when it operates by the trans computer. If it sticks twice during a drive cycle, the light comes on and stays on. It may be a one-time sticking issue. This is where a flush would be very attractive as a cure.

I recommend a dealer who has the correct machine for this procedure.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks

You are very welcome. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.