carguy1
carguy1, auto technician
Experience:  25 Years experience all makes and models.Nissan factory trained,Certified Subaru Tech
2921078

Just getting my oil changed and the mechanic crossed the

Customer Question

Just getting my oil changed and the mechanic crossed the positive terminal with his wrench and shorted something out. Now my truck has lost all power and will nothing will come on when we turn the key.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate? What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2007 V6 tundra. Total loss. Of power
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: They are trying to locate a blown fuse
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Maybe where the main power fuse could be located
Category: Toyota
Expert:  carguy1 replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

According to the wiring diagram there is a 150 amp fusible link in the fuse box under the hood labeled ALT. This should be the link he blew with the wrench, replacing it should get power back to the truck.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!