sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Toyota land cruiser 2005, Problem is it cuts out and when I

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: toyota land cruiser 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Problem is it cuts out and when I restart it it fires once and then cuts out and it keeps doing this It its let rest over night it has started again and keeps going but it happens again a few days later when it's hot
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes we put in a new battery but problem came back Not sure about the headlights but the dash fully lights up
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I think that's about it. It's s most unusual problem and make my jeep totally unpredictable
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

There are many things that could be causing the symptoms you're having and it will take some testing at the time the problem is happening to know exactly what is going on. I suspect you're either losing spark due to a sensor issue or the fuel pump is failing, but an exhaust restriction can also cause these symptoms.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?