Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have camry 2008 and I got the hybrid system check warning

Customer Question

I have camry 2008 and I got the hybrid system check warning can I still drive the car ? And what I should do ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The warning light comes on when the system sees a problem with the Hybrid system and this will need to be checked as soon as possible by your dealer. As long as the car starts and runs okay you are safe to drive it but do not put off having it checked by your dealer as soon as you can so they can get this resolved.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your help but does this issue effect on the Car's Engine or other parts if I don't replace the hybrid battery soon ?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

This issue effect the Hybrid system and its is possible its the battery or something wrong with the Hybrid system. To know what is failing its going to need to be checked. It may or may not be the battery.