Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My Tundra has been parked few months, I hooked up some

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: My Tundra has been parked for a few months, I hooked up some jumper cables to start it up and the alarm went off preventing me from being able to start it or turn the alarm off
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Yes, it is an after market key without a chip in it
JA: What year is your Tundra?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am but have no Idea what to do
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not really
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Is this an aftermarket alarm?

When you inserted the key in the ignition and turned it to the run position, did the instrument cluster power up, did the alarm remain on?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is not an aftermarket alarm, Yes the instrument cluster powers up an blinks real fast

Thanks, ***** ***** need to call your local mobile locksmiths to see if they have a techstream or similar diagnostic tool so they can reprogram your keys to the vehicle. Your car currently thinks your a thief and has disabled the vehicle.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris