Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Great thanks and welcome car does not start when warm, yas

Customer Question

Great thanks and welcome car does not start when warm
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: yas turns over very well battery is 4 mths old
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2004 Toyota corolla CE
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just change the coolant temp sensor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: car runs well after starting from cold and does not stall or cut out but if u lock off engine when warm it turns over and dont start
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I would recommend a fuel pressure leak-down test be performed. You may have some dirty injectors that are allowing fuel to leave the injectors when they are off; this fuel leaks into the intake manifold where it fouls the plugs on the next hot start. However, if the spark plugs are old, this too might be the problem. If this car was in my shop, I would be examining the spark plugs; replace if old, worn, discolored or NOT genuine Toyota spark plugs. If the plugs are new, perform a leak down test with a fuel pressure gauge (thsi should be done by a tech if you do not have the gauge); if the pressure drops rapidly after the car is shut off (it should hold steady at 25 to 28 PSI), run a can of good fuel injector cleaner into the tank (injector cleaning would be better if you can find someone to do it), and then see if the problem is lessened or cured.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What type of spark plugs would u recommend and what fuel injector cleaner is considered a good choice for this car?

I recommend NIPPONDENSO spark plugs and The fuel injector cleaner would be a very good product called BG 44-K

BG is the company, 44K is the product designation