Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My car has a oil leek on the lft side of the valve cover i

Customer Question

My car has a oil leek on the lft side of the valve cover i started it it had little power & a clanging sound I got it up to 40 mhp it ran great I Please help I don't have a honest mechanic and I really have no Idea what's wrong or how expensive it would be to fix please help a girl out!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for posting

Have you checked the engine oil level?

Is the check engine light coming on when driving?

Is the noise still there when the engine is idling?

Hello, I have to leave in a few minutes and won't back for about 4 hours, I'll be glad to help you as much as possible

please answer those three questions and I'll get back to you when I return, if the situation is more urgent than that please feel free to ask for another expert to help you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was 1\2ct low on oil yes the check engine light does come on after a few minutes and the sound is there when it's idling

Thanks for the reply

The first thing we need to do is to find out why the check engine light is on, the computer has detected a fault with the engine control system, most autoparts stores like O Reilly, Autozone can help you by connecting a code reader to the car to get these codes, can you drive the car to one of those and then let me know what the trouble codes are that they find?

Engine noise is almost never good news so I hope that having the code numbers will give me some information as to what the problem may be, thanks.

hello, just checking to see if have any additional information for me or any other questions.