Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

No it did not. At that time we thought it was normal and was

Customer Question

no it did not. At that time we thought it was normal and was some sort of safety feature. It pricked my curiosity though so I called the dealer to get a price on a diagnoses and asked about it then.
the reason I thought it was the starter: I uncoupled the connection (a three prong grey connection) for the starter/solenoid and checked voltage to it when the ignition was turned to the crank position. I got voltage and it was within limits that I found in a spec sheet. (I do not remember the exact amount at this time though).
And of course that was with the hi-beam pulled back.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Sorry for the long delay. I believe I can help on this issue if your still seeking assistance?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i already agreed to using you didn't I?
so what is the next step(s).

I think the beginning part of your conversation did not post because the first comment was "no it did not. "

Can I get the year, make, model, engine?

It looks like your trying to diagnose a no crank issue but I do not understand how the high beams play into this.

I believe there is more you wrote that I did not get.