Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2015 prius wont start this morning- it has some dash lights

Customer Question

2015 prius wont start this morning- it has some dash lights but wont tell me I can put in gear on the screen
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: it is new 2015
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried jumping it at the fuse box positive connection and ground
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Being a 2015 model this may still be covered under factory warranty to be diagnosed and repaired at a dealer at no charge to you.

This may be a fault with the starting battery or ignition switch as I have seen in some cases before.Unfortunately this will have to be tested further to locate the cause and usually requires a dealers scan tool or similar to help diagnose and locate the fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Thanks Pete