Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I am going to tow my 04 Toyota ghlander .. do I need to

Customer Question

I am going to tow my 04 Toyota highlander .. do I need to disconnect anything on it first?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.To be able to answer your question accurately I need a little more information.
1) are you towing behind a RV with all 4 tires on the ground?
2) is it going to be on a dolly with 2 tires on the ground? If so which 2?
3) is it a 2wd or 4wd?Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am towing behind a uhaul with a 2 wheel dolly front two wheels on it and it is a 2 wheel
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello?
Sorry was away from the computer. Give me one min
Ok so the 2wd is front wheel drive. So you are good to go if the front wheels are on the dolly
Just make sure you don't have the e brake on.
Does that help? Or do you have any other questions about it?
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Thanks
Sonny