Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The 4 and 4 lo lights are flashing and the truck seems to be

Customer Question

the 4 hi and 4 lo lights are flashing and the truck seems to be stuck in 4 lo
JA: Does the light flash and then stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: the*****lights are flashing. There are no codes stored
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2008 tundra
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing really so far, other than to make sure that the front differential actuator was connected
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: about 2 weeks ago I did replace 2 tires. The truck is not full time*****so I didn't think replacing only two tires would be a problem
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Sorry for the long delay, I got a late start today and have just worked my way down to the bottom of the list where you are. I am going to get a late start tomorrow as well. I feel like I can help on this concern if help is still needed. Please reply and let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The 4hi and 4 low lights flash. It appears the truck is engaging in*****by itself. Was able to disengage it yesterday but wheel driving the lights began to flash again

The 4x4 lights are flashing because the 4wd ECU on the right side of the dash has detected a concern and is warning you the driver that there are codes stored. Since the diagnostic tool shows no codes in this module. That means the ECU is faulty.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris