Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am bleeding the front brakes on 2003 Toyota tundra I can

Customer Question

I am bleeding the front brakes on 2003 Toyota tundra I can not get the brakes to stop being spongy
JA: Working brakes are essential. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with brake problems.
Customer: Am I missing a step or bleed point some where I am pumping up the brakes holding them and then opening the bleed point to release the air but the brakes wont work properly
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have bled the brakes by the standard method . by pumping up the brakes and then holding them down while I open the bleed point
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for posting

Was anything replaced? Brake pads, rotors or any hydraulic parts, if so did this happen after that or was it like this before, what I'm asking is why are you bleeding the brakes in the first place?