Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We have a 2007 Camry Hybrid that had the hybrid battery

Customer Question

We have a 2007 Camry Hybrid that had the hybrid battery replaced a couple of months ago. Within months, it stopped working again. We have had it replaced three times, and it still give the same codes. we have also replaced the other battery. The people who replaced the hybrid battery said something is draining it, suggested ABS pump. Right now it won't turn on. At our wits end.
JA: Have you checked the fluids? Have the brakes been shaking or squeaking?
Customer: No shaking or squeaking. Not sure about the fluids. I'll ask my husband.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not hoping to fix ourselves, but we have no mechanics in our town that will touch a hybrid. We have replace the 12v battery twice and hybrid battery as well.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 9 months ago.

I have never seen an ABS pump drain the HV battery.

What are the codes you are getting right now in the HV system, also, what is the sub code listed in the freeze frame data.

While there, what is the SOC (state of charge) on the HV battery?

Thanks!