Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2007 Toyota Tacoma, I dis-connected the hot wire on battery

Customer Question

2007 Toyota Tacoma, I dis-connected the hot wire on battery to drop the headliner and when I hooked battery back up no w there are several warning lights on the dash.,SRS ., airbag lights service engine lights , can't get vehicle out of gear . The engine starts but it appears the*****is engaged.the moon roof does not work
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

what are the fault codes now , do you have any fault codes numbers ?

what is the mileage on the truck ?

Thank You

Chad

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I made a mistake ,the truck is a 2014 tundra4x4 ,I had rather talk and explain the situation ,, I have a collision repair shop, we repaired the roof skin and replaced the 3rd brake light in the roof, we unhooked the battery where we wouldn't run it down during repairs & refinish, when we re- connected battery everything went hay wire . We can start the engine but it will not come out of gear unless you push the button release in on the console, the moon roof will not work and there are numerous lights on the dash. SRS , air bag lights , brake light warning, 4x4 light, service engine,tire pressure, anti lock brake and I think a few more. We took it to a dealership 2 weeks ago and yesterday they told me all they have found thus far is 3 CMS are showing no power to main frame. Dealership dropped headliner to see if we could have pinched a wire but didn't find anything, I have got to find the problem

I tried to call you , but it said payment failed , maybe card need updating, you can try again, or i can send it to customer service for help

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want to make sure you have the correct vehicle info, it is a 2014 tundra with this problem, , the mileage is 11,220. I will have to call the dealership to get the fault codes .

hey how are you

That is low mileage for the year

sorry yes i did receive your correction , you have a 2014 Toyota tundra truck 4wd , does it have a 4.6 liter or 5.7 liter?

yes and please do call dealer & supply with fault codes , this way i can look the truck wiring schematics and the trouble shoot on the codes before we make the call so it will be beneficial ?

so just let me know

Chad