Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

My 2015 Toyota LE AWD power steering became very stiff to

Customer Question

My 2015 Toyota LE AWD power steering became very stiff to the point if my having to put lots of pressure on the syeering wheel in order to loosen it up. The frequency and varying of the episodes as to the degree of resistance and times between was random. The system was replaced last November but the same, though less intense in resistance has reappeared. An analysis by a very good mechanic showed no problems, same as be before.
What is causing this, how dangerous is this problem?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

You have electric assist power steering. You could have an intermittent problem with the electric motor that controls the steering. I would bring this to dealer, there may be a software update available for this problem.

If you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

Posts close in 7 days. That means you not be able to contact me.

You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated.

If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and how I can help you more.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan