Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

Hood open" warning (when it's closed. followed by alarm that

Customer Question

hood open" warning (when it's closed. followed by alarm that goes off for no reason
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: the door won't lock using the key
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 07 camry XLE
JA: What year is your Camry?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: web site. you popped up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today..

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.

.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t43ukvy0wdmt33v/FALSE%20ALARMS%20TRIGGERED.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,