Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

It's a 2011 sequoia the botton that you can push on the back

Customer Question

It's a 2011 sequoia the botton that you can push on the back hatch to close it isn't working is there a reset button or something I pushed that would make it not work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I haven't done anything yet was Google to see how to
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Some Toyota vehicles had a rear hatch on off switch that is located in the glove box, make sure it is on. There is no reset. You could have a stuck lock actuator, or a bad button for the tail gate release. You need a test light or voltmeter to do some tests with the gate open and the trim panel removed. You can check voltage at the switch, and at the lock and latch solenoids.

If you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan