Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Toyota Land cruiser 2000 - Flashing red key - Key wont turn

Customer Question

Toyota Land cruiser 2000 - Flashing red key - Key wont turn to start car.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Your truck is not recognizing the key for some reason. You need a high end scan tool capable of entering the immobilizer system and getting codes. You could have a problem with the keys being lost. You could call a mobile locksmith with the correct software. They should be able to get the codes and reprogram the key to get it started. You could also have it towed to the dealer but that may cost more.

If you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan