Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.
27644750

2008 toyota sienna electrical issue. replaced alternator and

Customer Question

2008 toyota sienna electrical issue. replaced alternator and 2 new batteries in last month. No luck as battery still dead after short use. Charge battery works for day or so then dead again. Turn off lights on steering column doors closed and no lights showing staying on. Also door actuator lock an issue on driver door. Took to mechanic and said expensive to replace. Taking back to mechanic and would love to see what they can check to correct this issue as can't use vehicle or even feel comfortable trying to sell it to someone in this state.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Lou P replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my nams is Lou, from what you describe what needs to happen is you need to do whats called a "quiescent draw test" do you know what this is and are you going to attempt to fix yourself? this requires extensive knowledge with automotive electronics. so let me know your capabilities and ill be able to advise on the best course of action