Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2013 Avalon Backup camera shows System not Ready Fault when

Customer Question

2013 Avalon Backup camera shows System not Ready Fault when in reverse. Camera is on but message box is in middle of screen.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have recently replaced the head unit with another one. Same part number and everything works on it except that message when the camera is on
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a fault with the camera itself or wiring or connections at the camera.If these have not been checked this needs done to see if this is the cause for sure and then repaired from there.If this has already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete,I am not sure if you can help me. I had checked the connections and the camera does work it just has that system not ready error in the middle of it. I was thinking that someone with access to Toyota service manuals would be able to direct me on how to sync the camera with the ecu.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

The camera light may come on and the signals may be o.k. but the camera itself can be faulty causing this here needing replaced.I would have this tested further as I have had to replace some cameras before for issues like this here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete