Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy,
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas

I have a 2005 Sequoia SR5. I have the same coil go bad every

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Sequoia SR5. I have the same coil go bad every few months I double check by swapping cylinders and putting my code reader on. Why are they going bad so fast. I put new plugs in it. I take the duralast back and get get free could I just want to know why they go bad. Always starting on cup #6
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 3 months ago.

Sorry you keep having coils go bad in the Sequoia.

I ve spent many years at Toyota dealership and Have seen aftermarket coils not hold up and do exactly what you are describing. Duralast is one of the worse brands for coils I ve seen, on ANY make/model.

If at all possible, I would return that coil for a full refund, then purchase a Denso unit from Amazon. It might be a few more bucks than the duralast one, but you will not have to worry about it going bad for another 10 years. I know this is kind of an odd answer, but being at the dealership we get cars like this all the time from aftermarket shops and once we put denso coils or plugs back in the car, we never see it again.

here is a link to what you need for your 2005 4.7l***-***-****-Ignition-Coil/dp/B002Y37M0W

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I would be more than happy to help!