virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

I have a 2006 lux and reason the break lights decided to

Customer Question

I have a 2006 hilux and for some reason the break lights decided to stop working and now I'm trying to fine out which fuse it is and it is not the balb
JA: Have you checked the brake light switch? How about the fuses?
Customer: Where's the brake light switch and as l said l had a look at the fuse
JA: What is the model of your '06 Toyota?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes l'm trying to fix it myself and had a look at the fuse
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Which fuse for the brake, because when you turn the lights on everything works and the only thing that dose not work is the brake lights when you push it down.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi l'm trying to fine the right fuse
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So I'll check tomorrow when I get to work, but I don't remember the brake lights having a dedicated fuse. The problem is most likely your brake switch is bad.
On the pedal you will find a flat plate that pushes up on the switch. If you want to test it then remove the electrical connector from the switch and jump it and if your brake lights come on. Then your switch is bad.Let me know if you have any questions.Thanks
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.