carguy1, auto technician
Experience:  25 Years experience all makes and models.Nissan factory trained,Certified Subaru Tech

Do I need to replace my front struts at 100,000 miles, No

Customer Question

Do I need to replace my front struts at 100,000 miles
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: No the mechanic states I need to replace them
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2007 Yaris
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I think there money hungry
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  carguy1 replied 3 months ago.

HI there,

At 100,000 miles, in all honesty the car is probably due for them. Is it a required repair? Absolutely not unless you brought the car to the shop for a noise concern in the front or a harsh ride it's not required to replace them. Usually by this many miles you would feel a difference if you replaced them because the ride quality slowly fails over time. So it's one of those things that once the new ones were on the car, you would know how worn out the old ones were, but honestly its not required.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  carguy1 replied 3 months ago.

Hello again,

I hadn't heard back from you. Do you need further assistance or have any more questions for me about this?