sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

How do I reconnect the horn wire in my steering wheel hub of

Customer Question

How do I reconnect the horn wire in my steering wheel hub of my 1985 Toyota pickup truck?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 3 months ago.

Hello, the blue wire should connect to the horn pad. Let me know how things go we can work further if needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there is no horn pad; it has the touch pads on the spokes. The loose wire is the female looking for the male spade connector which I believe is also a wire which has disappeared from the hole the blue wire went into.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The horn switch wire should have connected down in the hole where the female spade is in the picture. On the back of the steering wheel there is a metal contact ring which this wire connects to, through the opening shown in the picture. You may need to remove the steering wheel and then remove the contact ring from the steering wheel to reconnect the wire, or you may find the terminal is broken off of the contact ring.