Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have Toyota Crown, Model 2006 and all three lights are on

Customer Question

I have Toyota Crown, Model 2006 and all three lights are on ie. Engine/TRC/VSC. When we put through a machine, code C1201 is appearing. What do I do now??
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has the car been handling lately?
Customer: Mileage is 103,883 but car seems to be ok
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I have shown it to my mechanic and he has advised me to replace the sensor but on various occasions these lights have switched off and came back after two to three days back. So feel may be something is lose
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: And yes I told him about the poor quality of fuel I may had it some time back
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is code for "engine control system malfunction" it simply means that the TRAC/VSC systems have shut down due to no communication with the engine control system, you said the check engine light is on which may be the root cause of all this but it seems there is no engine diagnostic code, the code you are getting is a "C" chassis code, are there any "P" powertrain codes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No other codes is displayed. So what do i do??? Should I change the related sensor or??? Your response stil keeps me hanging
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pls respond to my question

I had to be away from my computer for about an hour, at this time I do not know which sensor you should replace because the code you are giving me just says that it's a engine control system malfunction.

I've opted out, maybe someone else can help with the information you have.

Expert:  Boxer54 replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. To get the C1201 code, there HAS to be a powertrain code that starts with a P. There is NO other reason that code will come on. Do you have access to a scan tool. You need to check the OBD2 powertrain codes and get the related codes to me so i can give you proper guidance.