Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2002 Rav4 gas gauge not working. Can you give me a wiring

Customer Question

2002 Rav4 gas gauge not working. Can you give me a wiring diagram for the gas gauge circuit, please. When I ground the gauge directly (above the tank), the gauge goes way past full, though it is only around 1/4 full. And I am getting no ground for the O2 sensor.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the gauge stuck on full or empty with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Gauge not stuck.

Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

O.k.,below is the diagram of the gauge you are looking for on this model here.The most common cause is the fuel level sender itself attached to the fuel pump module in the fuel tank,I have had to replace several of these before for this issue here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2yqw7bg6cmcwr7r/fs-07-07.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

What about the O2 sensor ground?

Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

It looks like the oxygen sensors grounds come from the engine computer.They are also grounded when threaded into the exhaust.Below is the diagram for these here.The B-R wire is the power feed wire and all other wires from the sensors go to the computer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zi1g4c8jx4b4yls/o2-07-07.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete