Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

2003 Toyota Tundra, 4wd, V8 Limited. My instrument cluster

Customer Question

2003 Toyota Tundra, 4wd, V8 Limited. My instrument cluster lost power, and after about 20 miles it started sputtering and then died. I saw that the 10amp fuse for gauges had blown, but didn't think it would be much of an issue. I was wrong. Apparently there's a bit more going on.
JA: Have you had any recent electrical work done on the car? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: No recent electrical work. Only thing to do with electrical was plugging in a trailer to haul an ATV.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd like to fix it myself. Haven't had a chance to try anything yet. Car died next to a parking lot, after which I called for a ride home.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to the engine to start and run you need a fully charged battery with clean and tight connection as well as good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors and proper fuel pressure. If you can check each one of these thing to determine which you are lacking as well as scanning the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine the cause.