Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a toyota 86 which would not start giving me a smart

Customer Question

I have a toyota 86 which would not start giving me a smart entry warnngwarning.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The car has subsequently died with absolutely no lights etc. the car is two years old but I live in a hot climate and the car is not always used - it did however run for 60 miles yesterday with no obvious problem
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2014 toyota 86
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I live in the middle east and the support is useless. I need to get a company to pick it up as it is dead but was hoping to try obvious things like the battery but puzzled why the car ran yesterday but now does not start
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no obvious issues
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The message you see here may be due to a fault with the vehicles theft/immobilizer system not allowing the engine to start.Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key/remote and see if it starts and runs then.If this does not work or was already attempted let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete