Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Got a 2016 tundra max crew cab and I got this engine

Customer Question

Got a 2016 tundra max crew cab and I got this engine immobilized indicator on my dash panel below the speedometer. It initially starts but does it dies after.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged? Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Used both keys and have the same effect. Also waited awaited and place the key in off & on and then start it back on. Still the same situation, started and died.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Got anything that you can get this reset this indicator (Engine Immobilizer)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

the security alarm is triggered and pcm ( car computer is not getting an ok signal from alarm module to allow start up , if you already tried both keys

we can try a master reset

if that dont work we will need to have the anti theft module scanned with a diagnostic scanner and retrieve any fault codes ,to see, if it is the module, the antenna receiver, door switch ,hood switch , etc...

Master Reset Procedure

1-Disconnect battery ( Both Cables ,The Negative & The Positive Cable )
2-Touch Cables together and hold 20 secs and let go
3-Hold Brake pedal down 10 secs
4-Wait 10 minutes and then Reconnect Battery
5-Close all the doors
6-lock the car with key from driver door ( IF your car is Equipped with a blade lless key then just locked with the key Fob
7- Unlock car & Start your vehicle

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat