Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified

My 4low light blinks, my traction control lift stays on, and

Customer Question

My 4low light blinks, my traction control lift stays on, and check engine light is stays on. Because the traction control light is on the engine power is reduced on acceleration, I am 1200 miles from home just want to know if there is a way to eliminate traction control activation via fuse removal or something. Just to make it home without the inconvenience.
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: 4 low blinks, traction control stays on, Chaco engine light stays on. Last time I had this problem dealer found wheel speed sensor out of peramiters they said it wouldn't hurt truck to drive like this until fixed just want to make it home without engine power reductions
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 5.7
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Thought maybe pull user dash fuse labeled for stability control did that and more lights kicked on put it back in and original problem existed. But that fuse controls numerous things. There is two type b fuses under hood that are dedicated solely to anti lock brake and stability control , thought pull those but can't figure out how to pull them the fuse removal tool supplied seem not applicable
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 3 months ago.

Hello, the check engine light has detected a problem and put the system in limp home mode, the other lights will turn on any time the check engine light is on so the root cause is most likely the check engine light, did you get gas recently, if so have you checked the gas cap to make sure it's tight? I believe there are fuses for the 4x4 system as well as an ABS fuse you can try removing these but it won't solve anything until the check engine light goes back off, most causes for the check engine light are emission control related so if the vehicle was running ok before the light turned on it may not be a serious issue, try removing the battery negative cable for about a minute and see if the engine light stays off, if it turns back on in a short time I would advise that you have it diagnosed, most autoparts stores like Autozone, O Reilly can help you get the code information at no charge, let me know how this goes.