sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My 2003 sequoia's security system won't let us start

Customer Question

my 2003 sequoia's security system won't let us start vehicle. how can I stop that from happening?
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: it turns over...
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its happened a few times...opening and closing all the doors...clicking seatbelt...we've tried a few things, it seems nothing works twice
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many thing that can prevent an engine from starting such as a bad cam or crank sensor, fuel pump, or the engine controller itself. . If the engine does crank but doesn't start then I wouldn't initially suspect a security issue.

What are you seeing/hearing that leads you to believe the problem is security related?