sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My passenger side door won't open inside or out I have the

Customer Question

My passenger side door won't open inside or out I have the panel off part way but I still can't open it
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 1995 Toyota T100 manual windows
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: I've had the handle break a few times and replaced it but this is the first time the door will not open inside or out
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have the panel partially open where I can see the locking mechanism but I still can't get it to open
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I think we're good those are all the points
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Odds are you have a bad door latch. Something foreign closed in the door or a door or striker adjustment issue could be causing problems getting it to open again but these things would have been apparent.

If these aren't the case then you either have a linkage issue or a bad latch. If you're unable to get it to open by moving the linkage to the latch manually then the latch is going to need to be replaced. You'll need to break/cut/dismantle the latch until you're able to reach the pawl and move it manually to open the door, and then the latch can be replaced.