Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

2003 toyota Rav4,having kind of hard sluggish shift between

Customer Question

2003 toyota Rav4,having kind of hard sluggish shift between 2nd to 3rd,then it seemed normal in the higher gear. leaving a stop light it was very slow in "engaging" slow momentous start. going about 25-35mph some strong interruption "jerky-like". It has 175K miles. this is out of the blue! no problems before. Any good answers out there?
Bummer/july 2nd wedding Sat. too.
Still workN
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to get some idea of weather this is an internal concern or as electronic control concern the first thing you need to do is have the computer system scanned to see if there are any transmission fault codes setting which will usually be the case if this problem is an electronic control concern. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you from there.