Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

COROLLA 2001, AM2 fuse 15amp keeps blowing whenever i turn

Customer Question

COROLLA 2001, AM2 fuse 15amp keeps blowing whenever i turn they key to ON position, car died on me while getting into a pot hole and that made the fuse to blow
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Just to make sure I understand, the fuse blows immediate when the key is turned to the run position?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sir, Fuse Blows immediately whenever i turn the key to "ON Position right before cranking up" where all the dashboard lights comes on, is crankshaft sensor anyhow related to AM2 fuse blowing up? The car had problem before whenever turning right or left car used to shutdown on me right away i used to be able to start up than one day it didnt and i had to tow it to a shop where they told me that ignition 1 and 2 are faulty and causing the fuse to blow and i told me to change all 4 ignition coils and for a week car seem working fine until last night i hit a pot hole very badly the pot hole was on driver side as soon as i hit it the car shut down on me and fuse was blown and ever since than fuse keeps blowing,

Left side of the dash remove the ST and IGN fuses, tell me there amp reading and turn the key on, does the AM2 fuse still fail?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i am at work right now car is at home, can you tell me what would it be like if i remove the ST and IGN fuses of the dash and the AM2 stops failing, and what would it be like even if removing st and ign fuses still the AM2 fuse fails

I do not like diagnosing what if and what if, that results in alot of extra work leading down a diagnostic path that is of no use. I am trying to find out which circuit has the short. It would be best to just reply later when you can and we will go from there.