rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

started car to go to work and NO guages working at all,

Customer Question

started car to go to work and NO guages working at all, checked all fuses and found no problem. **************

Category: Toyota
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time. Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

The most likely cause is a bad instrument cluster. This is actually another computer in your car that communicates with all the other computers through a gateway. This being said, you can test this IC with a scan tool in bidirectional mode to confirm its' operation.

Thanks, Ron