Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I'm intersed in raisng the ground clearace on a 2005

Customer Question

I'm intersed in raisng the ground clearace on a 2005 Highlander Ltd. by ordering custom springs. What is the maximum addition you would recommend? I'm thinking of springs that will add 2". I understand that the frame is not designed for anything very rigourous, but we do camp a lot and could use the added clearance.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. I understand what your after here, but You will need many more parts besides springs to accomplish this. The suspension is not set up for this kind of modification. To align it correctly, you will need longer control arms and custom built mounts. As this is probably cost prohibitive, to begin with, the other thing to consider is these parts will probably have to be custom made as These kind of modification components arent readily available for this model. Bot***** *****ne, I don't recommend this modification at all.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How about just heavier load rear coils? Having them custom made is not terribly expensive. The back end rides very low with just a few hundred lbs of camping grear.Thanks
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 3 months ago.

Having a stiffer spring without raising the ride height would be great, but I don't have any specific information on what springs would be available for your vehicle. Another of our experts may know where you could get something like that, so I will opt out of this question and it will show up for all our experts to review.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.