Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Skyvisions, we just got word from a diagnostic tech that,

Customer Question

Hi Skyvisions, we just got word from a diagnostic tech that, based on the codes and his pinpoint test, we need to replace the hybrid booster pump on our 2009 Toyota Highlander. I just read your response to a Prius owner about this procedure discussing a special process to remove all the air from the system. Is there a bleed valve where I can do this with a hand vacuum pump?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases this is best done by a repair facility that has the special tools to replace the needed component as well as bleed the system as needed.I recommend this route as this can be difficult in some cases to try and do yourself.If this is not an option for you let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not taking it to a shop, don't have money to. That was the reason for my question. Do you have specific knowledge on installing the hybrid brake booster pump on Toyota hybrids? This is a 2009 Toyota Highlander, replacing part number 47070-48020. I have a nice hand vacuum pump and can make whatever fitting I need.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete