Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My the key won't turn the ignition of my 2005 Sienna. Car is

Customer Question

My the key won't turn the ignition of my 2005 Sienna.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Car is in park, and steering wheel is not locked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried taking key off key ring like owners manual said.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I would like to start the car and drive home. It seems like key is not disarming engine immobilized, and everything worked fine at lunch time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

If the key will not turn to any position and the spare key does the same and the steering is not locked, this means the tumblers inside the ignition cylinder bad and a new one built to match your key code will need to be installed.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris