Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

There there is a wire that runs next to all the ign coils

Customer Question

There there is a wire that runs next to all the ign coils that is broken I don't know it goes
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

What color is the wire?

Do you know what liter engine you have?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Blue and red. 1.8l
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
R u there

There is a red/blue wire that goes from the ECM to coil 1. Is this the wire you are referring to? I have included a wire diagram.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where does the ecm wire come through the fire wall

You would need to look on the engine side of the firewall. This information is not in diagrams and I do not have this vehicle to look at. Normally its on the drivers side of the firewall below the brake master cylinder.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris