Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics

2003 Toyota Solara...driver side window stopped rolling down

Customer Question

Hi Pearl!
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2003 Toyota Solara...driver side window stopped rolling down and I trying to figure out if it's a blown fuse
JA: Have you had any recent electrical work done on the car? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: No recent work.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet...I thought I would start with fuses?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The passenger side window is working fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

On this vehicle, there is no one fuse that protects "just" the driver's side window. If this were to be a fuse issue, there would be many other items that were affected and inoperable. If just the driver's side window does not work, this will be a problem with the window motor or regulator. The door panel will need to be removed to gain access. Once removed, inspect the regulator looking for any looseness or slack in the cables. If the cables look ok, unplug the electrical connector to the window motor and apply 12v. One side positive, the other negative. One way goes up, and reversing them it will go down. If the motor does not respond, the motor will need to be replaced. If the motor does respond, the window switch will need to be tested and the wiring from the switch to the motor will need to be inspected for any problems. Like I say though, more commonly here, motor or regulator. If you found this answer helpful, please help me and leave a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.