Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

How much does your troubleshooting my problem cost me? Give

Customer Question

How much does your troubleshooting my problem cost me?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Give me a range of the cost, plz. Unemployed, so maybe I can't afford it.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2007 Camry
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Got a p3014 code. I pulled the battery, all cells tested at 8.0, so cleaned all corrosion and re installed. Am still getting the P3014 code.
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I reset, but code comes up again
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

You signed up for a subscription plan so I can not tell you the fee you paid. With a non subscription plan this is a 20$ cost to you question.

Would you like to continue and me help on this concern?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I signed up for the monthly program
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I still need help
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you still help me on this program with me being on the monthly program
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there anybody there

I just answer the questions. I know nothing about the programs or fees with them. I can get CS to contact you after I help you with your car if you would like?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm unemployed and can't afford any additional expense. So do we chat or what?

What liter engine do you have?

What trim level?

What symptoms does the car have?

Are there warning lights on while running?

How did you get this code, because it can not come from a scan tool. There is not a P3014 trouble code that this cars computer can store.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I what to know if the problem could be the ECM/ECU. Is there a special procedure I am to follow once I have had the batteries disconnected. I currently have the 12v battery disconnected, is the OK or not good? Also, at 126,000 miles in Texas and 9 years old, does this Camry have any warranty on this system?

I what to know if the problem could be the ECM/ECU. Yes there can be an issue with the vehicles computer.

Is there a special procedure I am to follow once I have had the batteries disconnected. No there is no special procedure to follow after a battery disconnect except to drive the vehicle about 2 weeks so the computer can relearn.

is the OK or not good? It is okay to disconnect the battery.

Also, at 126,000 miles in Texas and 9 years old, does this Camry have any warranty on this system? No there is no warranty remaining on this vehicle.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Engine...2.4Lno trim package but HybridJust gives me a code of P3014, and after I clear the code with my cheap code reader, it gives me the code again in 5 - 10 minutes of driving. Car does drive with no other problem except that the a/c doesn't work until the code is cleared, and the cooling fan in the back window runs when it codes the P3014.The code did come from my cheap scan tool.The warning lights are on while the car is running, until I clear the codes. Then they stay off until it codes again in 5 to 10 minutes of driving.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did I miss something here?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I thought the monthly membership was for answering all my questions?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there an addition charge for each question, anytime I use use, besides the monthly fee I am charged?

I am going to let customer service speak with you so you know what it is your paying for. Your asking questions about the service I am not permitted to answer. Once they have addressed your questions about the service they will let me help again.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When will I hear from them, and how?