Boxer54, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech with L1 certification, Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician

2010 Toyota Tundra AC button flashes and not cooling, What

Customer Question

2010 Toyota Tundra AC button flashes and not cooling
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: What is proper procedure to check freon level
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hope to fix myself or at least identify problem
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Ambient temperature here is normally 90 degrees during day.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Your compressor has a speed sensor that the computer uses to monitor for a compressor issue. When that light flashes, the computer automatically shuts off the compressor clutch and the flashing light is there to alert you of an issue. There are a few possible causes for this to be happening. A failed compressor could cause it. An electrical problem with a harness or component, or the A/C amplifier (computer) could have a malfunction. The first step in diagnosing this is to check the compressor. With the engine off, you should be able to turn the front of the compressor by hand and it should turn with minimal resistance.